Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Designing Enthia

I know it's been a while... But this one took a little more effort, and a little more thought. Don't worry there's more to come, and a lot brewing inside this little brain of mines.

The more groups and websites you join everything, everyone wants you to create a profile.

profile: a graphical or other representation of information relating to particular characteristics of something, recorded in quantified form.

facebook does this, twitter, stylecaster, lookbook.nu, even shopping websites ask where are you from? what is your age? Grouping you and putting you in some form of a demographic or another. When you create these things, you either accurately/inaccurately portray yourself. It’s like designing yourself over and over again, What do you want people to know about you, for the millions of people who access the internet? It’s like a derived form of the movie Mad Science. A chance to design yourself.

I have been carefully crafting my online persona so when you google me, this is what you will find. Someone who:

Likes to volunteer
likes to have fun and go out with her friends
Loves her cat
Loves her boyfriend even more
Loves design
Loves architecture

As time goes on I will refine the last two further as someone with good taste and a critical design eye. But let’s carry this theme even further. Let’s create Enthia with some Sugar, spice, and everything nice (and maybe a little chemical X ;)



I want to be
Edgy
Exciting
Adventurous
Confidant

To an extent the clothes you wear portray these characteristics.
When I don't brush my hair you either think I'm lazy or I'm care free (Probably the first of the two)
Everyday we design ourselves to communicate to others who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment